Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year. New post.

Hello lovely, wonderful readers of mine! Happy New Year to you ALL! I hope you guys had a lovely time ringing in the new year with your friends and loved ones. :)
This past year has been a rough one, yet an unbelievably life changing one as well. I have learned so much in 2009 and God has totally rocked my world beyond what I could have guessed. God is so good! :) So I suppose I'll give you the run-down on what made 2009, well, 2009 for me. :) Here goes:

GOD.




He is FAITHFUL. UNCHANGING. UNRELENTLESS. MIGHTY. POWERFUL. LOVING. COMPASSIONATE. BEAUTIFUL. PERFECT. I could go on and on about my God, but I just wanted to brush lightly and say that I love Him with the whole and entirety of this beating heart that He has so lovingly given me. Without Him, I would be lost, devastated, and completely hopeless. I am so thankful that He has revealed Himself to me, and has called me to do great things for His Kingdom. I am not worthy, and I am grateful. May I decrease, so that He may increase.


FRIENDS.





I learned that God reveals a peice of Himself in every one of my beautiful friends. Without them, my life would be utterly void and completely lifeless. I love them all more than I can explain and am thankful to God for them everyday.
OBEDIENCE.


Sometimes, God leads or calls us to places that are just puzzling. It's hard to trust Him when our selfish nature doesn't want to naturally obey, but obedience is better than sacrifice, and sweeter than wine. I made a major change this year, one that I honestly did not want to make at first, but am now grateful that I did. I don't know what God has up His sleeve, but I have it smells of greatness. :)
FAMILY.


This is truthfully something that I have lost sight of over the past couple of years. My adopted parents are amazing, and I could not thank God more for placing them in my life. Seriously. They are wonderful, and put up with more than they should have to. Lol. But I have neglected my family in Miami for years. I felt it was time to change that, and I sought out to do so. In the process there has been alot of hurt, but alot of joy as well. I am so so thankful for my sister and my nephews. They are more than I could ever hope or ask for and they are following so closely after the Lord that it encourages me. I love them, and am so glad that I have had the chance to reconnect with them. :)


As if all this doesn't sound awesome enough, I had another incredibly pleasant surpise right before the New Year. I had been thinking over alot of mistakes that I had made in the past, and I prayed and felt led to correct one major mistake that I had regretted over the years. That in turn, led to a friendship being mended with one of my best friends, Lydia

.



I cannot tell you how happy I am that we have worked through things and are friends again. I am also thankful for a mended friendship with her mother, Lillian, whom I also had a close friendship with. Thank you, Jesus for second chances! :) Yay!

Well, lovelies. That is all that I can write for now, because I am off to run errands! I hadn't updated in a while.. yikes! I shall have to get better at that. I love you all dearly, and am praying blessings over you in this new year.


.:Karla:. :)

P.S.- I couldn't find any pictures of obedience and my family won't let me post any pictures of them. Go figure. Not to mention.. Blogger is being weird with photos. C'est la vie, I spose. :) Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Doll for contacting me. I'm thankful the Lord led you to that.

    May the Lord bless you always! Hang on to Him, it is the only way to make sure this adventure we call life is lived to its fullest!

    You are more than welcome to follow me on blogger ;-) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing me. I am soooo happy we were able to work out everything!

    And wowzie...my hair was so short in that picture! Well compared to it now.

    Yay for God! That sounds so contrite, but it is true..yay for God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you guys. :) Seriously. I'm so happy about this. I'm following you both on blogger now.. and yes, Yay for God. He is Awesome. Lol, and now that you mention it, your hair is really short in this picture.. but it's cute! This picture is so old! I love it though, it's one of my favorite ones. We should take some more when I come back! :) Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete