Friday, November 27, 2009

Speak. Listen. Repeat.



Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all you lovely ones out there. :)
I hope your day was full of merriment, laughter, joy and warmth.
Woke up early yesterday morning to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and it was splendid. I can't quite explain why I love that parade so much, but I always have. I suppose it has something to do with the whole awesome holiday spirit that emanates from it, but it's also something about seeing so many children, mothers, fathers, siblings happy if even for a few minutes on a T.V. screen. Some families, I am sure, come together specifically for the parade.. and if something like an annual parade can unite families, than I am all for it. So many children come from broken families and I try to make it habit to pray for those smiling, red cheeked faces that appear on the television screen during the broadcast. What saddens me about the whole ordeal is that in some cases, you know that it is merely temporary. It's sad, sad thing when something as small as a parade can unite families, but important things such as love, per se, cannot.




So for Thanksgiving dinner, we went over to the Garrido's and we had so much fun. We ate and went to the movie theatre to watch The Blindside, which by the way, is a great movie.







I cried for most of the movie, but then again, I knew going into it that that would be the case. I cry at the drop of a hat, I kid you not. Haha. It's comical, I suppose.. but in a strange way, I am thankful that I am wired with emotions as strong as mine. It's in the genetic DNA of an artist, I guess. :)

Things that I am grateful for, you ask? I thought you'd never ask. :) I am thankful for my God. I don't know where I would be without Him.. He is my EVERYTHING and without Him I am NOTHING. I love Him the whole of this beating heart. I am thankful for my family. It may be a broken family.. but I am thankful for them nonetheless. I am especially grateful for my sister and my nephews. I could not ask for better. I am also SO SO SO grateful for my adopted parents.. they are way more awesome and greater than I deserve and I thank God everyday for placing them in my lives. I am thankful for my wonderful friends. They keep me sane and have become more like family to me than anything else. They shine brighter than the sun in my eyes. It's true. I am thankful for the calling that the Lord has placed on my heart and I am thankful that He has made it possible for me to be able to fulfill that calling. I am thankful for the bright future that He has laid out for me. I am thankful for the food that I have to eat, the bed that I have to sleep in, and for the roof that I sleep under. I know that it is a commodity that many do not have and I praise God that He has blessed me with such simple commodities. I am thankful for books, for art, for music, for film, for laughter, for health, for snow, for love, and for life. Jesus is GOOD and I am thankful most of all for Jesus dying on the cross for a wretched sinner like me and for giving me life, and that more abundantly. May I decrease, so that He may increase.



So I discovered another awesome artist and have been listening to her non-stop for the past few weeks. Her name is Russian Red and she is absolutely fabulous.


I am not a huge fan of female singers.. but it seems that the female gender has been stepping it up lately in the music department because my list of favorite artists as of late grows largely female by the day. Yay for being a girl! I think I shall post a blog about music and my favorites in the future. I would try now, but alas, a major headache is moving in. Sadness. I love you all dearly! Later loves. :)

.:Ma Chere Etrange:.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good, I hope your Christmas is better and your New Year is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Lillian. :) They were all wonderful. I just now noticed that you commented, otherwise I would have written sooner! :)

    ReplyDelete